Friday, August 3, 2007

Where did everybody go?

It is TOO quiet! I know they have been here because I had to use the leaf blower to clear a path to my bedroom but it was waaay too quiet when I got home. Morty and Ginglebelle are sacked out on the couch, probably thrilled to be able to sleep out in the open without someone trying to dress them in doll clothes.
I had a meeting at 8:30 this morning and a party this evening so I didn't get home until about 9. Anny and I played a couple of games of euchre online but I wore out pretty early....and we lost both games, big time. Neither one of us had any good cards. The one good hand I had I didn't get to play and I don't think Anny ever had a card better than a queen. I read two pages in my book and apparently fell asleep because I woke up around Midnight with the lights still on and the book on my face but I was two pages further than when I started. At this rate I should finish sometime before Matthew and Cameron graduate from high school.
Tomorrow will be a long day as there is a banquet at Noon and another one at 6 PM. I could go home between the two events but I have work I need to get done so I will stay and finish. The traffic is so heavy this time of year it's not always easy to get from one place to the other. We also have a wedding on Sunday afternoon so this weekend is a triple play for work.
Eddie, Avery & Cameron dropped Polly and Matthew off at the Charlotte airport this morning and Polly & Matthew made it back to MT late this evening. Always glad to hear everyone has arrived home safely. Tony, Tory, Katy & Sarah are still in OK so Matthew has his mommy all to himself for a few more days. Polly plans to take Matthew to the state fair tomorrow and go to church on Sunday. Mike has to work Saturday and I don't know what Eddie and the kids have planned but as hot as it has been I bet they spend at least part of the afternoon in the pool.
It was so nice to have Polly & Eddie here....our visit was just too short.

0 comments: