Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It's official...I REALLY am the laziest person on earth

My last company left a few days ago and the next group is arriving tomorrow. I worked all weekend (hmm, maybe I'm not THE laziest person on earth) and took today off to wash sheets, towels, vacuum and prepare Casa Janny for the next round of guests. It is now almost 11 AM and so far I have managed to wash sheets...can't seem to find the gumption to put them in the dryer but they are washed, visited my favorite web sites and eaten breakfast...twice. I had cereal about 9 and then moved up to the hard core stuff (bacon & egg sandwich) about 10:30 AM. I have a good friend who shall remain nameless (Anny) that I sometimes just want to smack. She is one of those people who always has a MAJOR project going. I am not making this up....one summer she scraped, primed and painted her Dad's three story barn AND re-roofed her own house. She was also working full time, married and the mother of two boys who were playing summer league baseball. Geesh....if we hadn't been friends for over 50 yrs I would seriously consider dumping her from "my circle". Even now my much older nameless (Anny) friend and her nameless (Larry) husband always have a home project they are planning, completing or scanning Menard's for ideas of what to do next. I bet they make Bob Villa feel like a big ole slug.

2 comments:

Grammysammy said...

Menards must love Annie and Larry!

Anny said...

Never believe what Jan says----But Mennards did give us a special parking spot. Larry did most of that roof and the boys and I helped.
Projects are fun....when the garage is finished, Larry will be able to find anything he might need or can call me and I will be able to tell him right where it is...
Getting rid of stuff we don't use anymore and stuff the boys won't ever want. (Okay they are still getting a couple things....whether they want them or not)..
My game plan to have NOT have a big house to clean out....That isn't a lot of fun....