Monday, December 10, 2007

I really really did mean to go to work today.

Really I did. I got up at my regular time and about 20 minutes later I could not think of one single reason to go to work. Well, that's not exactly true but for every reason I came up with to go I had at least 5 better reasons not to go. Soooo....I called Rosemary and she went with me to the eye doctor and then we had lunch at Atlanta Bread before spending the afternoon shopping. Are you ready? Are you sitting down? I HAVE PURCHASED A TOTAL OF FOUR CHRISTMAS GIFTS! That is the good news, the bad news is I have six grandchildren. We stopped at the Dollar Store and then joined about 5,000 other people at Wal-Mart. Kim and her mother, Alice, invited us over for dinner tonight and it was wonderful as always. Alice is a retired Home Ec teacher and anything she prepares is not only delicious but looks like a picture in a magazine. About the best that can be said about my cookin is, well... it's filling. It's my turn to host dinner next and I HATE to follow Alice! After dinner we all moved to the screened porch and made s'mores over the fire pit. Thank goodness Kim had purchased the jumbo size bag of marshmallows because not only did we have our fill but there were plenty left for the firemen. Good times.

0 comments: