Thursday, December 6, 2007

Company Party

When you plan parties for a living you are not a very good guest. Normally, when I first arrive I scan the room and want to redo the entire setup. Not because it's wrong, but it's not the way I would have it arranged. Then I check the linens, bathrooms, wait staff uniforms, make sure all the exits are unlocked and by the time the party starts I'm ready to go home. Not tonight! Honey...I walked in the front door, got my drink and door prize tickets and found my friends. I'm not much of a drinker so the first thing I did was give away my drink tickets and in return I had water with fresh lemon brought to me the rest of the evening. The band was good but W A Y too loud for my old ears. Within 10 minutes both ears were ringing and part of the time my right ear was completely deaf so depending on which side you were standing...my conversation might have been a tad off kilter. Fortunately, it's not unusual for my conversation to be off kilter so I seriously doubt if anyone even noticed. Tonight provided a much needed break from the December chaos and it appeared that everyone had a wonderful time. It's always fun to see your coworkers all dressed up and have the opportunity to meet their spouses. Parties like tonight make me wish we would take to time all year long to do fun things together and maybe that should be my New Years resolution!

0 comments: