Sunday, June 10, 2007

A WHOLE weekend away from work!

It is great having a whole weekend away from work. You would think I would accomplish something significant...naaaaaaaa. Started another Jodi Picoult book (SALEM FALLS) last night. When I find an author I really like I usually read all of their books. Unfortunately that is also the way I shop. I am not fond of shopping so if I find something that appeals to me I tend to buy every color they have much to Polly & Eddie's chagrin.

Ginglebelle and Morty have opened an all night kitty gymnasium in my bedroom. From 1 AM to almost 5 AM they were running across the bed, leaping (well, Morty doesn't leap very well) onto the dresser, knocking over perfume bottles, sending books flying across the bookcase and then sitting on my chest while taking a bath. Ginglebelle has also discovered that she can sit on my clock radio and hit the on button almost every time. There are some very strange radio talk shows on at 3 AM. Who is Art Bell and what did his mother do to him? That is one strange man.

Tonight is the finale for The Soporanos. I was probably one of the last people on the face of the earth who started watching the show. Of course I had heard of them (I live in Myrtle Beach not under a rock) but never thought the show would appeal to me since I do not like violence, think swear words are a sign of a poor vocabulary and nudity doesn't belong on television. Heck, at this age I wear a robe in the shower just in case the mirror isn't fogged while I dry off. Nobody needs to see that. Anyway, I was recuperating from a bout of pneumonia and HBO had a Soporanos marathon . The next thing I knew...I was hooked. Great writing, acting and story lines.

Rosemary's flight to Michigan was canceled on Friday evening due to the FAA computer debacle. She is scheduled to leave this evening around 9 so I plan to see if she would like to go out for oysters one more time. Maybe that will hold us over until she returns in October.

It's time to put clean sheets back on the guest bed and get ready for my next round of company.

0 comments: