Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday at The Carter's

Mike made pancakes for Avery and Cameron and then the three of them headed over to visit Mike's old fraternity buddy Pat. Katy and I finally managed to drag ourselves out of bed just in time to go to Le Peep's for breakfast with Barb. Katy had sausage gravy and biscuits and Barb & I had bacon & eggs plus the three of us shared an order of pancakes. Nice way to start a Saturday or any other day! We did a little shopping after breakfast and Barb found a beautiful painted scarf in a little boutique called Pariz and I found a big glass pitcher in a great little gift store called Dazzles. We also went to Barnes & Nobles and Katy got the first Nancy Drew book and of course we also bought a book for Cameron and Avery. We all came back to the house and Mike took the kids swimming while Barb and I stayed behind and read. Barb and I fixed a good dinner this evening from all the leftovers in the refrigerator. Chicken salad, broccoli and cheese, glazed carrots, corn on the cob and hot rice pudding. Mike took Cameron and Avery for ice cream at Ben & Jerry's and Barb & Katy have gone to see Spiderman 3. I tried to talk Mike into leaving Cameron and Avery with me to put to bed but he was afraid I wasn't up to it so he's going to skip the movies this evening. The plan is for everyone to go to church tomorrow morning and I'm sure the day will also include a little shopping (as we promised Avery she could go with us next time) and the pool again. I do feel better but this medicine makes me dopey....dopier?

0 comments: