Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hi! My name is Big Ole Whiner..what's your name?

This morning I did something I have never done before. I went to the chiropractor. My left shoulder has been bothering me for the past two weeks (I am now OFFICALLY old, I'm talking about Dr's visits) and then yesterday my left arm and hand started to tingle. I woke up in the middle of the night with pain running down my left arm and jaw and my hand was numb. I thought oh great, I'm having a heart attack and the cat box needs to be emptied. Come on now, be honest...every woman's nightmare is to have to call for help and the house be a mess. So I was laying there wondering if I had time to empty the cat box before the paramedics arrived and came to the conclusion that since my arm had been hurting for the past two weeks it PROBABLY wasn't a heart attack. Just to be on the safe side I took two aspirin (just like it said to do in Readers Digest) and tried to go back to sleep. However, the part of my arm that wasn't numb hurt like a big dog and I ended up in the recliner for the remainder of the night. On my way to work this morning I took a chance and stopped by my Dr's office. I love my Dr's name...Dr. Winston MacIver. Makes you feel better just saying his name. He checked my shoulder and suggested a chiropractor. Well, I'll be a ding dang doggy. I have a compromised rotator cuff with nerve involvement. I may have to have surgery so Polly & Eddie you two talk amongst yourselves and decide who gets to take care of me while I recover.

Soooo...I am trying to finish up a few things at work and get on the road to Charlotte. Eddie, I will be there this evening and I will call you when I leave home.

1 comments:

Grammysammy said...

Hello big ole whiner, I am the great one that looks forward to all your posts. Even the ones that tell it just like it is. Sounds like you should see a spine clinic man and see if there is hope.