Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Katy The Kayaker

Katy attended day camp at the aquarium today and kayaked with the most annoying little girl in three counties. I didn't ask a lot of details but I get the impression that sometime this afternoon Kate threatened to hold the little girl under water with her very own paddle. Ok, Kate MIGHT not have actually held her under but she seriously considered that action. We arrived early again this morning and Kate visited all the critters especially the stingrays and the bow mouth guitar fish. She has also gotten to pet the bonnet head sharks. I have been getting zero work done due to medication overload. I'm in the process of cutting back but as soon as I do the pain returns big time. My Dr's office has requested the records and x'rays but for now I'm back to ice packs and wearing the neck brace more. Oh joy. This issue has got to be resolved soon...I ain't havin' fun! Barb left today and we were not ready to let her go back home. She stopped by the aquarium at lunch time and we went to Margaritaville for one of her favorites...nachos. Bet her seatmate is thanking us right about now. I dropped Barb off at the airport and did a few things at work until Kate finished camp at 4. My kids and I are so lucky to have Barb and Anny in our lives. I offered dinner at Planet Hollywood (Katy's all time favorite place) or a different restaurant of her choice but she said the sweetest thing. "Grandma, I want to go back to your house and cook with you." So that is just what we did. We fixed chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, cream gravy and fresh corn on the cob followed by ice cream for dessert. Katy peeled the potatoes and we didn't even need a band-aid! We used linen napkins, dimmed the lights, lit the candles and played classical music in the background. We had our very own "fancy" dinner. While Katy and I loaded the dishwasher Ginglebelle pinned Morty down and gave him a bath. I'm sure that made Morty's day! We have had our showers, have books in hand and we are ready for BED. Hope Morty and Ginglebelle are too because it isn't easy reading with a cat sitting on your head.

2 comments:

Eddie Carter said...

You are right about two things...we are VERY lucky to have Barb and Anny - they are great friends to you, but to us they are like second mothers and grandmothers (to my kids). And, reading is hard with a cat on your head.

Anny said...

Thank you. I love you both...