Monday, June 11, 2007

We were robbed!

The Soprano finale was a huge disappointment! This has been such a well written show and deserved a better send off than it received. If that was the best the writers could come up with then it truly was time for the show to end. The only explanation I can come up with for the black screen is on the previous episode Tony had a flashback while he and Bobby were on a boat. Tony said something along the line of, "What do you think it will be like when "it" happens?" Bobby responded with, "You won't know what happend...everything will be black and silent." Or something along those lines. At the time I wasn't real sure what "it" was but maybe Tony was talking about getting killed. Oh well...it's just a TV show Jan, get over it!

Taking Rosemary to the airport was a real adventure. Her flight was delayed from 8:40 PM to 11:30 PM so it was a long evening especially for Rosemary. We had a wonderful dinner at Angelo's before going to the airport so nobody was hungry but wouldn't you know, this was one of the few times I didn't have a book or magazine with me and the gift shop was closed. We did some serious people watching and decided you can tell a lot about a person by how they handle minor annoyances like a delayed flight. There was one man who was so upset I thought he was going to have a stroke. Stomping, yelling, swearing...wouldn't you just love being married to him! It's not like you can cross your arms and do a "Jeannie blink" to make the airplane appear. We decided he was one of those parents who would go berserk if one of his children spilled a glass of water. My kids spilled so many glasses of milk, water and Kool-Aid when they were little that I started wearing fuzzy socks to dinner every night just to sop up the mess. The plane finally took off about 11:45 PM and I know Rosemary was glad to get to Detroit and crawl into her bed.

Since Hollywood seems to be a theme for me today...how about Paris Hilton? Anybody besides me think this is probably the first time in her life she has ever heard the word NO?? I had to chuckle when I heard that she was concerned that one of the guards would photograph her using the bathroom in her cell. Hmmm, based on the pictures I have seen of her in the tabloids I would think "the modesty ship" sailed some time ago. It's hard to believe her parents think they have done her any favors by never allowing her to take responsibility for her actions.

0 comments: