Monday, November 26, 2007

Gravity 1 - Morty 0

When I came home from work this evening Mr. Morty was among the missing. I went from room to room calling his name and even checked the furnace closet where I have been known to shut him up for a few hours. HEY...I didn't do it on purpose! He has also been closed in the linen closet, every floor level kitchen cabinet, the drawers under the bed AND the refrigerator. I call and call and no Morty. I stepped out on the screened porch and notice the Christmas tree is moving. Hmmm....so I say his name again and this little gray face pops out near the top of the tree. Before I can get over to grab him he fell almost 6 feet to an uncarpeted floor and actually knocked his wind out. I scooped him up and loved on him but he caught his breath and was back at the top of the tree in less than 5 minutes. Idiot.

0 comments: