Sunday, June 1, 2008

HUH?

I'm sitting here minding my own business, paying a few bills, ignoring a few bills and have TV Land on in the background just for the company. In a court of law I would swear June Cleaver just said, "Thank you Ward, now I have to go pee on the hard boiled eggs." However, based on my past history with June I feel certain she actually said, "Thank you Ward, now I have to go PEEL the hard boiled eggs." The point I am trying to make is, how many other things am I hearing wrong. This has been happening to me for years. Remember Creedance Clearwater Revival? One of my favorite songs is Bad Moon Rising and I thought the lyrics were THERE'S A BATHROOM ON THE RIGHT when the actual words are THERE'S A BAD MOON ON THE RISE. It never occurred to me that my words made no sense, well actually my words do make sense but it never occurred to me that my words were wrong. OH...and it took me years to figure out that Abba wasn't singing IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND (Jackie Chan) I'M THE FIRST IN LINE (Jackie Chan). Well, actually they were singing MOST of those words except where I was singing Jackie Chan Abba was singing TAKE A CHANCE. I have a doctors appointment next week and I hope he speaks loudly and clearly when he says, "I want to listen to your heart." Otherwise he could be in for a real surprise.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I used to shout out one of my favorite songs (a long long time ago) secret Asian Man. Years later I found out it was secret agent man.
No telling what else I was shouting out.

Jan said...

OH MY GOD....so did I! I had forgotten all about "Secret Asian Man". Pam,I am serious...I really am beginning to wonder what else I hear wrong.

Eddie Carter said...

What about Bald Headed Woman?

Barb said...

Ha! My MotherDear & Dad, who are 74 and 80, have lived with me for the past 2 years. I get a lot of wierd responses! It took me some time to learn that when they respond 'strangely' it's because they're guessing what they think I said! You know... they're just filling in the blanks themselves.

Anonymous said...

Theres a bathroom on the right-too funny. I'm always thinking my girls are saying something smart mouthed-of course they tell me I didn't hear what they really said.

Jan said...

willthink4wine-Love that name BTW, always makes me giggle. My parents lived with me too so I know exactly what you are saying. Have a nice day could be Hal is cutting hay. I spent a lot of time with a HUH? look on my face.

tipper-hang in there sweets, one of these days those girls will grow up and your hearing will return, maybe :-)