Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Vegetable Soup

I love hamburger vegetable soup and have been known to eat it twice a day for as long as a month. Guess that proves my menu choices are just as dull as my wardrobe choices. I usually make tuna noodle casserole, chicken vegetable casserole and hamburger vegetable soup and then freeze individual portions in sandwich bags for my lunch. If I am organized enough to make and freeze all three dishes in one day then I have lunches for a month. Everybody at work makes fun of my chicken and vegetable casserole and they call it "barf in a bag". Yeah well, laugh all you want to my friends because it may look nasty but it is goooood! The recipe for hamburger vegetable soup is below...very complicated, so pay attention. You will have plenty to eat and freeze unless you are trying to feed the Osmond family.
HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP
1-2 lbs of hamburger
1 large onion, chopped
3 large cans of diced tomatoes including the juice
1 large bag of frozen mixed vegetables (without lima beans,YUK)
1 small bag of your favorite vegetable (I use corn)
Brown the hamburger and onion in a dutch oven, drain fat if necessary. In the same pan add the 3 cans of diced tomatoes, and both bags of vegetables. Simmer (lid on) for an hour or so and you got yourself some soup! Sometimes I use plain diced tomatoes but I like the ones with basil and garlic best. You can also add cooked macaroni if you want a heartier soup. See what you learned today? How about that and you thought this space was just for fun. Stick with me and get educamated.


0 comments: