Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sometimes I'm such an idiot.

Lib and I live next door to each other and have been friends for over 30 years. She called me at work yesterday to tell me her husband Bill had bought a remote control to turn the outside Christmas lights on and off and she thought I might want one too. At first I said, naaaa and then remembered the night before when around 1 AM, I was out on the screened porch, bent over, tail to the wind trying to get the darn lights unplugged. Hmmm...yep, think I need one too. So I made a stop at Wal-Mart and came home with my very own remote control. All the batteries were included, easy to install and since I enjoy the lights when I'm reading in bed it is the perfect solution. So I'm laying there reading my book and feeling all smug because when I get sleepy I don't have to go outside and turn off the lights. It was about then that my lights went off. Hmmm, OK....click...lights back on! Thirty seconds later the lights go off again. Dang it, click...lights back on and I slammed the remote back on the table. I read almost a whole page and guess what, lights went out AGAIN. I thought oh the heck with it, I'm tired and going to sleep. I woke up about 3 AM and on my way back from the bathroom I had a thought. Hmmm, I grabbed my remote, pointed it at the screened porch and guess what?? Our remote controls are on the same frequency so Bill and I spent about 5 minutes turning each others lights on and off. Geesh, what a life.

1 comments:

Eddie Carter said...

yeah - I figured that one out as soon as the story started.